Intense house blaze affects fire crew
Updated August 01, 2012 12:14:31
Fire and Rescue New South Wales says a house fire near Batemans Bay on the New South Wales was so intense it nearly burnt through crews' uniforms.
Yesterday's blaze in the Malua Bay home was fuelled by burning methanol.
The occupants, a 65-year-old man and 63-year-old woman, have been released from hospital after they were treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns.
Inspector Kernin Lambert says the heat was so intense it injured a fire-fighter.
“The conditions were so hot that the fire has burnt through, penetrated through their clothing,” he said.
“One of the crews has received burns to the back of his neck.
“He was treated by ambulance crews.
“He was able to be released at the scene and he has returned to full duties.”
For more, go to the South East News Blog.
First posted August 01, 2012 12:14:31
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Intense house blaze affects fire crew - ABC South East NSW